I love Marie Forleo.
She is smart, adorable, sassy, and a fabulous business woman – a great combo if you ask me.
I get her weekly newsletter and usually watch / listen to her video, which is anywhere from 4 to 30 minutes, while doing my daily tasks in my GTD file folder for that morning. Some weeks my response is, ‘meh!’ and others it is ‘Oh my gracious, this is SO good!’
On the ‘SO good’ weeks, I find myself intently watching and taking notes rather than getting things done.
- This week was a ‘SO good’ week.
Goals – how to make them and make them happen was the topic. Marie had Todd Herman of Peak Athlete on talking about his work with professional athletes and the five parts of goal setting that are crucial for achievement and longterm success.
He is based in NYC and Edmonton – which is what I l would love to be as well. I have the Edmonton part down, but now for the NYC part….
5 secrets to change your life and make it stick.
- Vision for the future. Where are you now and where do you want to go?
- Trigger goals. Micro changes to create the action you want. What sets you in the right direction?
- Improvement goals. More than just a giant goal, rather numbers and dates. What by when?
- Create or find a tribe. Who is on the journey with you?
- Script your setbacks. The positive power of negative thinking. What will go wrong and how will I overcome it?
Watch the video – it’s totally worth your time!
I would love to know what you think of ‘OWW! vs. WOW!’ – I loved this analogy. How often do you, like me, end up seeking out OWW!?
My biggest learning from the video was, “Front load your day with change.” Start with change first, when you have the most energy. YES!
Ok, so maybe I didn’t exactly learn this since I try to do this already, but I felt really affirmed. Affirmation is nice, right?