I don’t know about you, but after that leg workout from last week I feel the need to do some serious stretching. Strength and flexibility go together. If you don’t work on both, you will end up on the disabled list like I have been on and off for most of the fall.
Our yoga challenge is brought to us by the amazingly bendy Jess at NavaLightNow.
Nine Yogas Yoga-ing
Grab the pdf of yoga fitmas challenge to get your stretching and flexibility started.
- Beginners – hold the poses for 30-60 seconds each.
- Intermediate – hold the poses for 60-90 seconds each.
- Advanced – hold the poses for 90-120 seconds each.
Aim to complete the sequence 2 to 3 times this week.
I don’t know about you, but whenever I do the corpse pose I just fall asleep. I think I am going to complete the sequence before bed and move to my bed for that final pose and have the best sleep ever.
Yoga before bed sounds just about perfect!
I love entering to win free things. Here are a few fabulous things for the winning in the blogosphere.
- Mindy is giving away a Polar t-shirt.
- Astrid is giving away punkee headbands.
- Erin is giving away Chobani.
- Jen is giving away 8 fitness magazine subscriptions.
The Get In Shape Girl’s healthy eating tip for week nine.
If you’ve been paying attention to the tips from previous weeks, you know you need to eat protein, fat and slow digesting low glycemic carbs at each meal. But do you know why? Find out the benefits here.
Stretching is quite the stretch for me, but I am going to embrace it this week.
Grab the yoga fitmas challenge and get your stretching on.