Nine months ago in the dead of winter while I was still armpit deep in Christmas holidays, I drafted a life and business plan. Every aspect of my life and business was put into black and white on paper.
- 14 pots of coffee and 28 pages later, I was done.
Hold the applause.
Don’t give me too much credit. What else is an entrepreneurial woman supposed to do when its -35 and there are only 7 hours of daylight?
My business plan had more streams of business than an octopus has legs. For some unbeknownst reason, I thought I could do everything and in the dead of winter it seemed very doable. Unfortunately, a Superwoman cape with my name on it was not found under the Christmas tree.
I am only one woman.
After trying to keep all the plates spinning and almost having a few crash on me, I realized I have to pick one thing and become amazing at it.
Spinning plates at the circus doesn’t pay the bills.
I found it literally impossible to be all of the following:
- Leadership coach
- Personal Trainer
- Nutrition Coach
- Figure Competitor
- Young Life Leader
- Marketing Consultant
By saying yes to all of those things, I said no to both myself and my purpose.
To change the world by supporting influential women to step into all they have been created to be and live their whole lives.
Know how to say ‘No’.
If you say ‘Yes‘ to everything, you are most likely saying ‘No’ to more things that you realize. If you want to reach your goals, you have to start owning your ‘nos‘ and learn how to say them.
Choose a narrow path and run down it with excellence.
- Say no to good and only say yes to great.
- Know who you want to become and do the things that lead you towards that end.
- When resistance comes, refuse to quit.
- Plan ahead for what you will say yes to.
- Write out what you value most in life. If it doesn’t align with your values, it is time to say ‘buh-bye!’
- Refuse to settle for a little bit of impact everywhere. Show up BIG in one or two places and change the world.
- Stop trying to make everyone else happy. Do your thing and be happy.
If you want to reach goals, you must start saying no more often so the huge YES has room to roll in.