Yesterday started off as do all my days.
- 4:30 am wake up
- Coffee…more than is reasonable
- Arse kicking workout.
After the usualness, I did something unusual.
I spoke at iMedia about blogging, and boy was it fun!
When I wasn’t talking about how much I love blogging, aka YOU, I got to take in the sessions. Thank goodness! The last thing I wanted to do was listen to myself all day when there are fantabulous people to meet, learn from, and tweet with about what we were learning.
Oh how I love Twitter!
I learned about SEO, developing a brand, putting forward a great pitch, and creating a professional image; which is great, but my blog is an oddity. My blog is ME, Donloree Hoffman, and all my craziness online. So while I was learning about how to be a better blogger, I couldn’t help but take away some fabulous life lessons.
- Deeply engage with people and be remarkable.
- Don’t add numbers to everything. Numbers matter, but people matter more.
- Don’t be stupid, think about what you’re saying.
- Pay for the good stuff, the stuff that matters.
- Freelance is not free, everything has a cost!
- Everything takes time, keep going.
In my effort to be a real girl and not bring all my food everywhere, I ate from the buffet line. This may have resulted in scaring a few people, but the deconstructed deli sandwich + epic amounts of spinach salad = a DL approved meal.
Even if the sandwich guts looked suspicious.
And to top the day off, I won the biggest door prize on the planet.
I feel a pressing urge to print things….many, many things!
Yesterday was a good reminder to show up, do your best, be yourself, and just be amazing.