What the heck is a ‘Thinspiration” anyways?
In my, not so humble opinion, it is a sign of our messed up mindset on what is beautiful.
Thinspiration (thuh-in-spear-ray-shun) A board on Pinterest that is filled with pictures of skeletal women that remind you not to eat, tells you life is better when you’re skinny, and life begins in size zero pants.
My anxiety rises when I look at these boards.
Just the facts.
- Wearing smaller pants won’t improve your vision. See what is great about yourself now.
- Life isn’t better when your skinnier.
- You can be thin on the outside and have the fattest mind on the planet. How you think shapes your world.
- One day you’re going to be old and most likely the antithesis of ‘thinspirational‘, but you can be drop dead gorgeous. Who you are matters more than what you look like.
- Every. Single. Magazine. Picture. Is. Photoshopped.
If you look in the mirror and can only see what isn’t about you, you will never see ‘what is‘ about you if you ever ‘arrive‘.
Say no to this:
And YES to this:
This video says it all.
‘Maybe she’s born with it…nah, I’m pretty sure its Fotoshop.”
Be the best you possible every single day, that is all that is required.