I am serious.
Everything that I can, have, and do complain about is 100% ‘my fault‘.
No one is making me:
- Get up at 4:30 am
- Eat a super focussed diet
- Train like a mad woman
- Do HIIT sprints after training and cardio on non-lifting days
- Say no to ‘tasty‘ foods
- Practice posing
- Get over myself and glue a suit to my arse
- Pack food most places I go
- Only have 14 almonds, not 15
I want to do this.
Sometimes competitors forget that doing a competition is something that we choose to do. No one but me says I have to do this competition. I compete because I like it.
Totally masochistic, I know.
I try really hard to not complain out loud because it sounds ridiculous to anyone that has ears.
When I say:
- Oh wow. I wish I could have that piece of cake. This BITES!
People with ears hear:
- I’m pathetic. I want to lean down and stand on a stage in a bikini, and God only knows why, and now I am lusting after your cake like a deranged woman. I can eat the cake if I want to and I want to but I don’t want to….can you please feel guilty for eating the cake in front of me?
I could continue, but I won’t torture you.
When I complain I sound like the prima dona that is put out because her housekeeper is on vacation and no one is coming to clean her house this week. Whatever is she going to do?!
Meanwhile, we all want to punch her in the mouth.
Today I am reminded to be grateful that I get to compete in the first place. Gratitude changes the landscape of your life. Instead of seeing what isn’t, I am choosing to see what is.