Most of the world is waiting for you to fail.
This is not a ‘glass half empty’ statement; its a ‘look, there’s a glass’ statement.
We live in a world where 95% of people criticize and try to bring other people down.
After all, if you fail then I have an excuse to not try.
Look. She tried and it didn’t work. It cannot be done. I am going to sit on my arse and watch the world go by rather than be embarrassed by failing.
Excuses to give up rattle around in my brain all day long.
- Wow. You keep trying and it still doesn’t work.
- This is hard. It has to be easier, you’re doing something wrong. Just stop.
- You are making a fool out of yourself.
- Speak to this group of people? Who you? You’re nobody!
- You aren’t losing weight, so you should just have chocolate cake smothered in ice cream.
- You’re all alone out here. This is what you envisioned?
- 7 people showed up DLoree. If this is the best you can do, then you should stop doing.
- You are slaving away, doing all this ‘stuff’ and where exactly has it gotten you? Mmmhmmm…
- You just failed right there. Yup, that is a total failure. If you can’t do the simplest things, why try for more? Just stop.
Somewhere along the way we started to believe that the dreams that live inside of us are impossible and that it is better to not try than to fail.
Not trying is failure.
Discipline is outwardly mocked and inwardly coveted. Giving up is understood. Negative self-talk is 100% acceptable. Success is viewed as something ‘lucky’ people have.
Luck has nothing to do with it.
It takes years of discipline, heart, and tenacity to become an overnight success. When opportunity shows up, the time to prepare is long gone.
I am sick and tired of listening to excuses for failure. If I am going to have an excuse, it is going to be for anything but failure.
It may take a lifetime, but when the opportunity arrives I will have an uh-may-zing excuse to be an overnight success.
Keep going. Press forward. Do not stop.